VetCoach is a non-profit student led project intended to give peer advice and support both academically and socially during the 5/6 year veterinary course.
Facebook: UoN VetCoach
We are also part of the NAA (Nottingham Advantage Award). The Award gives you the opportunity to stand out, the vision to achieve your goals and recognition for your commitment. Modules focus on career skills, mentoring, cultural awareness, entrepreneurship, sustainability, volunteering and work experience. With more than 5000 students taking part in over 300 modules in the UK, China and Malaysia, the Nottingham Advantage Award builds on your extracurricular interests and personalises your career development.
Mental Health First Aid Training
- A 2-day (equivalent) adult course, running over 4x Wednesday afternoons.
- Places are a first come, first serve basis – get in touch with VetCoaches if you are interested.
How to Survive SB
- Open to all Fresher’s
- An event where we talk about all things SB and have a chat about the stuff, we had wished we had known when we were Fresher's. Notes? Exams? Housing? Shopping?
Year 1 Revision and Note Taking Study Session
- Drop In Session for Yr 1 Revision and Note Making during lunchtime.
- The VetCoaches team provide resources that we have used in the past for our own Year 1 modules.
Offer holders Q&A
- This live Facebook chat happens just before Yr 1 students start their term at UoN.
- Second year VetCoaches host a Q&A. Giving a brief introduction to Vet School and your questions answered.
How to Survive Lambing (coming soon…)
- Second year VetCoaches give a short presentation of their experiences lambing (most dreadful, and others funny), and top tips.
- A top tips document will be sent out after the event
YEAR 2 AND BEYOND
Everything you need to know about rotations:
- Our very own Jess (Yr 5 Rep) provided a short talk on everything you need to know about rotations.