How to put on an event
Events Approval Process
All student run events need to be authorised by the Students’ Union. To do this just follow these simple steps:
Submit an online ‘Event Application form’ (This must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to your event)
Once this has been submitted The Student Volunteer Centre Staff will send confirmation of approval to you via email.
If you are putting on a large event you will need to submit an event plan.
If your event will cost over £1,500.00 you will need to submit a budget form.
- Event Application Form: https://secure.jotformpro.com/form/42953188087971
- Event Plan: Link to download file
- Budget Form: Link to download file.
Events on University Grounds
If you would like to hold an event on University grounds, please specify the exact location on your event form, and the Student Volunteer Centre team will get this approved with Estates and Security on your behalf.
External Speaker Procedure for Students
1) The SU supports freedom of speech and welcomes external speakers, however ANY student group that invites an external speaker to an event MUST complete the external speaker form at least 10 days before the event . The reasons for this include:
· We need to inform the University who is speaking on campus
· Compliance (following the rules)
· We may need extra resources from the speaker
Fill in this External speaker form and send it to email@example.com
The sender will receive a reply to confirm receipt of the form. They may receive another email if we require more information
Additional Events Support
For more support with your event you can contact the below people:
Societies, Sports, Student Run Services, general events advice
T: 0115 8468740
Tony Wiltshire / Laura Pope
‘Health and Safety Team’
T: 0115 849 8782/8790
It is important that all student run events and promotional material comply with Students’ Union policies.
- Alcohol at events policy
- BBQ guidelines
- Code of conduct
- Food & Drink at Your Events
- External Speaker Form
If you are planning a trip outside of Nottingham please ensure that you read through the information in this section.
If you are travelling outside of the UK please book an appointment to see the Health and Safety Manager, Julia Lediard.
All trips outside of Nottingham must be registered with the Students’ Union by completing the following forms:
Trip Registration Form - basic details of your trip must be completed 3 days before you leave for your trip
Participant List - names of everyone attending your trip and a next of kin contact number. This must be completed before you leave campus and can be done on a smartphone.
Use the forms below to book transport for your trip
· Minibus with a driver
· Coach hire
· Self drive minibus - driver must be a registered minibus driver
· Van hire - driver must be a registered minibus/van driver
· Driver registration form
· Non-standard driver form
· Becoming a minibus driver
· Becoming a van driver
To book on to a session either see the SU Reception, Portland Building or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org- please ensure you fit the criteria before booking on to a session