What is Student Minds?
Student Minds is the UK's student mental health charity that aims to empower students and members of the university community to look after their own mental health, support others and create change.
What is Student Minds Nottingham?
Student Minds Nottingham is a student campaigns group that works on behalf of the Student Minds charity to promote positive wellbeing and mental health for students whilst studying at UoN.
Our objectives are:
- to tackle the issue of social isolation and stigma of mental health.
- to enhance the mental health provision within the university.
- to break down potential barriers to students and provide opportunities for personal development for students.
Check out some of our past campaigns here.
To get involved with any of our current campaigns, check out our Facebook page or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Positive Minds?
Positive Minds is a weekly peer-support group that aims to create a non-judgemental, pro-recovery space where students can talk with one and other about their experiences of low mood and anxiety.
Each Positive Minds session focuses on a different topic:
- Week one: Building a Support Network
- Week two: Active Stress Management
- Week three: Mornings and Sleep
- Week four: Reflections, Food and Mood
- Week five: Activity, Exercise and Relaxation
- Week six: Positive Socialising
All peer support facilitators who run the sessions are students who have been specially trained to support you throughout the course. You will receive a booklet developed by the Student Minds charity where you can complete exercises during the sessions and write down goals for the coming week. Positive Minds runs throughout term-time, excluding exam periods. There is no obligation to attend every session.
Sessions run at 6:30pm-8pm every Thursday in LG14 Trent Building. No sign up is needed - just pop along at 6:30pm!
Click here for further information.
If you have any questions about Positive Minds, email us at email@example.com or message the Student Minds Nottingham facebook page.