YHA has a vision to reach out and enhance the lives of all young people. We have over 160 hostels in England and Wales that host a variety of volunteering opportunities aimed at building skills, enhancing the CV and giving valuable work and life experience.
We live by the philosophy of #LiveMoreYHA and it’s in everything we do. Every YHA experience is completely unique, whether you’re on a road trip, climbing a mountain or admiring a city skyline. We’ll create memories that last a lifetime and leave you wanting more.
Working holidays are a great way to meet new people, gain new skills and give your time to help YHA.
We have a wide range of different types of holiday on offer and these can include gardening, decorating rooms, or giving a much- loved hostel a good spring clean. With holidays in bustling cities, picturesque countryside and stunning coastal locations you can choose your favourite YHA view! Best of all during your free time you can visit the nearby attractions such as a walk along a gorgeous beach, visiting a famous landmark or find a bracing mountainside to refresh your spirits.
We welcome any practical skills you may have however you don’t need to be a DIY whiz or a gardening guru to join in. This volunteering opportunity can provide valuable CV enhancement to help with further education and employment applications or personal development.
Commitment is varied depending on the role
The YHA has premesis across the UK, and this year they are looking for volunteers to help at camps up and down he country so there should be one to suit you!
1) Click on the 'Register Your Interest' button to contact the SVC for more details
2) We will give you the details to complete the YHA Application Form
3) If your application is successful you will be invited to a Selection & Training Day
4) If you pass the Selection & Training Day – you’re ready to go to Camp and Volunteer!
- No experience required
- Flexible and short term
- Volunteer on your own or with a group
- Accomodation and travel provided
- Pick your location...and make sure you sightsee!