Founded in 1962, Young Enterprise is the UK's leading charity that empowers young people to harness their personal and business skills.
Young Enterprise and pfeg work directly with young people, their teachers and parents, businesses and influencers to build a successful and sustainable future for all young people and society at large. Through their hands-on employability and financial education programmes, resources and teacher training, they want to eradicate youth unemployment, help young people realise their potential beyond education and empower a generation to learn, to work and to live. Their mission is to empower young people to discover, develop and celebrate their skills and potential.
"Be Enterprising, Be Successful" volunteer - Young Enterprise need volunteers to take part in their one-day programmes, which run in and around the Derby area. You'd be spending a day in a school or college with secondary-age young people, encouraging them to get involved in various enterprise activities. You would be assisting the organiser to set up and deliver the sessions, and generally ensuring that everyone has a great time!
Young Enterprise ask that you commit to at least one day of volunteering, but you are more than welcome to sign up for as many sessions as you would like!
All sessions will take place Monday - Friday.
The one-day programmes will be taking place at all of the Derby College campuses, Merrill Academy (DE24 OAN), and Saint Benedict Catholic Voluntary Academy (DE22 1LB)
- Click on the 'Register Your Interest', button below.
- Emma from the Students' Union Volunteering Centre will give you Richard from Young Enterprise's contact details.
- Get in touch with Richard, and he'll arrange an informal chat with you, either in person, or over the phone.
- Complete the simple registration form that Richard send you.
- Sign up for sessions!
- No DBS check is required, as you will be supervised by teachers/Young Enterprise staff at all times.
- An indiuction will take place 30-60 minutes before the start of each session.
- Further training will be discussed and provided as and when required.