WAP ACTIV2 offers a night of fun activities for people who want to become more active but find mainstream gyms unsettling, overstimulating or just off-putting. We offer a combination of gym, aqua aerobics, circuit training, team games, marital arts or yoga. WAPACTIV2 is based at the Lenton Centre, in the heart of Lenton.
The Lenton Centre is a vibrant social enterprise that has a broad range of activites and organisations operating within its friendly environment. The Lenton Centre deliver WAP Activ2 in partnership with WAP (West Area Project), a daytime activity program for adults with learning disabilities.
Depending on your background, interests and experience, there are several roles you can undertake as an Activities Volunteer. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in sports volunteering or with people with learning disabilities and/or autism and you will be fully supported by a designated member of staff. This happens every Tuesday between 6pm – 8:30pm.
Involvement ranges from:
- Offering friendly encouragement to people whilst they exercise
- Providing 1 to 1 support on weight management and/or health related issues
- Coordinating games and activities to keep people engaged and motivated
- Talking to people about ways to promote their mental health and well-being.
Fundraising and Crowdsourcing Volunteer
Whether the service WAP Activ2 provides is close to your heart, or you’re looking to develop your skills, the project is eager to welcome volunteers who would like to help the project raise extra funds to secure the invaluable work it does.
No experience is required, and the project will offer mentorship, introducing you to other projects that have used crowdfunding as a method of charity fundraising. This is a really great opportunity for those who have an interest in business management or charity fundraising and will require developing the use of social media as a tool not currently used to its full potential by WAP Activ2 due to limited resources.
There is no minimum or maximum time commitment, and the project would like to work around what works best for you, be that 2 hours a week or 2 hours a month.
Tuesdays 6:30pm-8pm for at least one term.
WAPACTIV2 sessions are based at The Lenton Centre in the heart of Lenton. It is on Willoughby Street in Lenton and can easily be found if you head to the Bag o' Nails.
- Click on the below button for more information & fill in the details.
- The Student Volunteer Centre will send you the contact details for Yvonne Pearson who runs the Sessions.
- Yvonne aims to get back to Students within a couple of weeks and will invite you in for an informal discussion about the role.
People skills, ability to deal with a moderate amount of physical exercise, communication skills, remaining calm and working with individuals with a range of abilities.