WAPACTIV2 offers a night of fun activities for people who want to become more active but find mainstream gyms unsettling, overstimulating or just off-putting. We offer a combination of gym, aqua aerobics, circuit training, team games, marital arts or yoga. WAPACTIV2 is based at the Lenton Centre, in the heart of Lenton.
The Lenton Centre is a vibrant social enterprise that has a broad range of activites and organisations operating within its friendly environment.
About your role
This depends on your background, interests and experience. We need volunteers for a range of tasks from:
· Offering friendly encouragement to people whilst they exercise
· Providing 1 to 1 support on weight management and/or health related issues
· Organising games and activities to keep people engaged and motivated
· Talking to people about ways to promote their mental health and well-being.
Tuesdays 6:30-8pm for at least one term.
How to find us
WAPACTIV2 sessions are based at The Lenton Centre in the heart of Lenton. It is on Willoughby Street and can easily be found by the Tesco Express.
- Click on the below button and fill out the form
- The SVC will send you the contact details for Yvonne who runs the sessions
- They aim to get back to students within a few weeks, and will invite you in for an informal discussion about the role
People skills, ability to deal with a moderate amount of physical exercise, communication skills, remaining calm and working with individuals with a range of abilities.