WAP ACTIV2 offers a night of fun activities for people who want to become more active but find mainstream gyms unsettling, overstimulating or just off-putting. We offer a combination of gym, aqua aerobics, circuit training, team games, marital arts or yoga. WAPACTIV2 is based at the Lenton Centre, in the heart of Lenton.
The Lenton Centre is a vibrant social enterprise that has a broad range of activites and organisations operating within its friendly environment. The Lenton Centre deliver WAP Activ2 in partnership with WAP (West Area Project), a daytime activity program for adults with learning disabilities.
This depends on your background, interests and experience. We need volunteers for a range of tasks from:
· Offering friendly encouragement to people whilst they exercise
· Providing 1 to 1 support on weight management and/or health related issues
· Coordinating games and activities to keep people engaged and motivated
· Talking to people about ways to promote their mental health and well-being.
The program runs every Tuesday evening between 6pm - 8:30pm and you will be fully supported by a designated member of staff.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in sports volunteering or with people with learning disabilities and/or autism.
Tuesdays 6:30pm-8pm for at least one term.
WAPACTIV2 sessions are based at The Lenton Centre in the heart of Lenton. It is on Willoughby Street in Lenton and can easily be found if you head to the Bag o' Nails.
- Click on the below button for more information & fill in the details.
- The Student Volunteer Centre will send you the contact details for Yvonne Pearson who runs the Sessions.
- Yvonne aims to get back to Students within a couple of weeks and will invite you in for an informal discussion about the role.
People skills, ability to deal with a moderate amount of physical exercise, communication skills, remaining calm and working with individuals with a range of abilities.