We recruit volunteer trainers to deliver development sessions to groups to help them deliver an incredible experience for students. There are about 18 people in the team and we like to think of ourselves as a bit of a “family”.
We want you to deliver interactive workshops to Committee Members to help develop them as well as for Societies to achieve Silver and Gold status. Here’s what you will be doing:
· Deliver pre-written workshops to Committee Members as part of the training offer (these range from Sponsorship, to Motivating Volunteers to Large Events Management and many more!)
· Work collaboratively with co-trainers
· Learn session content so that you are confident with it
· Feedback on session content and delivery
· Attend meetings organised for the team (usually once a term)
You’ll receive full training which will cover the skills of a facilitator and the sessions you will be running.
As much or as little as you would like to commit! It really depends on you. Most trainers deliver around 4 one hour sessions a term plus preparation time for each session to give you a little bit of an idea.
1) Contact Karen Millar at email@example.com if you would like an application form sending out to you.
3) If your application is successful they will invite you in for an interview and ask you to prepare a 5 minute presentation for the interview
4) You will be invited to the training sessions
Do I need previous experience?
No, you don’t have to have any! Becoming a trainer is a great way to boost your skills and get social with peers. We offer you full training and support while you are with us. If you have delivered to audiences before (either presenting or delivering workshops) this is a bonus.
What do you get from it?
· Improve confidence in public speaking/presenting
· Engage in peer to peer learning
· Participate in the STARS Trainer NAA module
· Meet socially with other Student Trainers (we like to think of ourselves as a family)
· Gain knowledge of how the Students Union works
· Develop and boost transferable skills for the workplace such as:-
o Public Speaking
o Interpersonal skills
o Active Listening
o Organisation & Time Management
o And more!
Want to talk to someone on the team before applying? Why not drop our senior trainers a line