The Pearson Centre is a youth and community centre, working with children and young people aged 5 to 18 years. They offer numerous activities which include sports, arts and crafts, cookery, drama, music, IT, day trips and Holiday Clubs. They also host Boys' Brigade and Girls' Brigade sessions.
The Centre aim to provide activities in an informal setting to develop children’s’ life skills, build on confidence, self-esteem and leadership.
The Pearson Centre run activities all week including; a Dodgeball club, Athletics Club, Youth Gym session, Cookery Club, The Boys’ and Girls’ Brigade sessions.
As a Volunteer you can help support a specific club based on your interests and the day of the week you are free. There are also opportunities to support the Centre during school holidays and be part of their Holiday Club.
Currently their cookery club runs through the school term 4-5 pm.
They are also running our summer holiday clubs from Monday 23rd until Friday 27th October. Volunteers are required from 7.45 – 6pm (obviously not the total amount of time but either a morning or afternoon).
- The Pearson Centre offer morning volunteering hours only in the school holiday periods. The After school clubs run throughout the term time. The dates and times of these are:
- Mondays 4.30 – 5.30 pm Athletics
- Tuesdays 4 – 5 pm Cookery
- Wednesdays 4 – 5 pm Dodgeball
- Thursdays 4.30 – 5.30 pm Youth Gym (this will commence from Thursday 28th September)
The commitment hours required are 1- 2.5 hours per week for minimum of 1 term
1) Click on the 'Register Your Interest' button to contact the SUVC for more details
2) We will send you details to contact the Volunteer Coordinator at the Pearson Centre
3) They will invite you in for an informal meeting and give you an application form to complete