NottsWatch aim to promote, develop and strengthen the Neighbourhood Watch movement throughout Nottinghamshire. Working collaboratively with recognised authorities and other relevant organisations, we promote greater public awareness and public participation to:
- reduce crime
- reduce the fear of crime
- improve police/community liaison
- improve community cohesion
- address loneliness
- support the vulnerable
About your role
Community Action Campaigner
We are looking for proactive and confident individuals to join our team of volunteers and get involved with supporting their student community. Some of the aims of the role include:
- Proactively promote personal safety and wellbeing using a variety of media and face to face interactions to contribute towards reducing crime and improving wellness and social inclusion.
- Specifically, using a media that suits you and your peers, set up an account to share personal safety and wellbeing information/tips within your hall of residence/off campus location.
- Represent NottsWatch at relevant community/university meetings and events in Beeston & Lenton, as well as on campus.
- Where appropriate, give presentations to promote sharing of information via Neighbourhood Alert.
- Provide a quarterly report of actions and results and attend NottsWatch meetings to present these.
- Promote/liaise with the Community Ambassadors.
Volunteering with Nottswatch is very flexible to your timetable, they ideally ask for a 2 hour commitment each week during term time over the course of the academic year. It is worth noting that NottsWatch run recruitment throughout the year so it is always worth getting in touch to see what might be suitable for you.
How to find us
You can volunteer from home (or wherever you choose) with quarterly meetings taking place at Dunkirk & Old Lenton Community Centre, Nottingham.
1) Click on the 'Register Your Interest' to contact the student volunteer centre for more details
2) We will send you the details to get involved with NottsWatch
3) You will be required to fill in a short application form.
4) You will then be invited for an informal chat and NottsWatch will find an opportunity that suits you.
Volunteers can generally start away. Recruitment is year round.
Volunteers will receive an induction along with training and support throughout. So you will be fully prepared to get involved.
Any travel costs will be reimbursed to volunteers
Volunteering with NottsWatch helps develop valuable, transferable skills such as organisational, networking, leadership, motivation and general experience working with members of the Nottingham community.