We’re looking for 10 enthusiastic, creative and reliable people to join the University of Nottingham HealthyU program. HealthyU is the University of Nottingham’s student health and wellbeing initiative. The scheme is co-ordinated through the Health promotion Specialist who is based in the university welfare department in the Portland Building.
The aim of HealthyU is to encourage and support students to adopt healthier lifestyles. We focus on early intervention and supporting students to be proactive abouth their own health and wellbeing
Don’t worry if you haven’t previously had any experience, we will provide you with full training and support along the way!
About your role
Becoming a HealthyU Ambassador at the University of Nottingham will provide you with an opportunity to support students make informed choices about their health and well-being, helping to make a real difference to their University experience.
HealthyU ambassadors promote health and wellbeing to students at the University of Nottingham by:
- communicating accurate health and wellbeing information to peers
- Planning, promoting and supporting HealthyU events and campaigns
- Direct students to appropriate resources and services
- Identify potential health and wellbeing issues that might need focusing on.
- Being an active participant in promoting a healthy lifestyle fostering a culture of “wellness” on campus
As an ambassador, you will engage with students at HealthyU events. Support the development and delivery of activities and events aimed at supporting and enhancing student’s wellbeing. Possible campaigns to get involved in include:
- University mental health day
- Drugs , alcohol and smoking
- Sexual health awareness week
- Let’s be Clear on Consent (sexual consent)
- Managing exams
The HealthyU scheme will run campaings throughout the year that will need your input. Therefore there is not a strict regular time commitment. However, please only apply if you are able to attend a number of campaigns throughout the year.
How to find us
- Click on the 'Register your interest' button at the bottom of this page and fill out your details.
- The Student Volunteer Centre will send you all the information on how to get involved.
- You will be invited for an informal chat to discuss the role, opportunities and your flexibilty.
-Once you are registered as an ambassador, you will be contacted throughout the year about the upcoming campaigns and events.
HealthyU are looking for volunteers who have a good understanding of the health and wellbeing challenges students face at university and a willingness to actively engage with campaigns.
Volunteers may be trained in the following; Bystander Intervention training, mental health first aid, signposting to services and information sessions about campaigns.