Green’s Mill is a restored and working 19th century tower windmill in Nottingham, UK. In the early 19th century it was owned and operated by the mathematical physicist George Green!
- Welcoming visitors to Green’s Windmill & Science Centre and answering basic questions about the site.
- Directing people to special events and temporary exhibitions.
- Answering the telephone, taking messages and sending emails.
- Completing booking forms and receipts.
- Promoting and selling merchandise to customers.
- Basic cleaning of museum areas to make things look presentable.
- Assisting the team with events and activities.
Helping Green’s Windmill to ensure good health and safety for visitors, volunteers and staff.
Your hours depend on your availability.
Green’s Windmill is open to the public from Wednesday – Sunday, including some Bank Holiday Mondays.
Wednesday: 9.30am – 4pm
Thursdays: 9.30am – 4pm
Fridays: 9.30am – 4pm
Saturdays: 9.30am – 4pm
Sundays: 9.30am – 4pm
Green's Windmill would love for you to commit to volunteering for at least one term.
If you are part of a conservation group
Green's WIndmill is located in Snenton, about 20 minutes on a bus from Portland Building.
- Click on the below button for more information & fill in the details.
- The Student Volunteer Centre will send you the contact details for Jamie Duff, the Heritage Development Officer.
- Jamie aims to get back to Students within a couple of weeks, however the application process can take up three weeks.
This is a fantastic personal and professional development opportunity! It will make you feel valued in a friendly community setting and give you a purpose.
You can gain experience of working at a unique museum site and specialise in an area you enjoy or want to develop, networking in the process and in some cases gaining accreditation.
You will learn new and transferable skills to launch you into or back into employment if you wish and increase your confidence.
Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Your time with us will be rewarded in many ways. We will celebrate our achievements as a team with volunteer parties, project launches and occasional incentives such as day trips.