The next CityCare sessions will start again in June :)
Nottingham CityCare is an award-winning community health services provider, dedicated to improving long-term health and wellbeing. CityCare’s Nutrition team promote healthy eating and good nutrition through delivery of practical and interactive courses that show people how easy and inexpensive it can be to eat well.
During the school holidays, CityCare are co-ordinating a new healthy lifestyle initiative free for local families. It is called 'Make, Munch and Move', and is funded by a national charity partnership (Tesco, British Heart Foundation and Diabetes UK). Parents/carers will get a chance to learn more about cooking healthy and tasty meals on a budget and a chance to do some simple and easy exercises. Kids will take part in supervised games and activities whilst their parents take part in the cooking and exercise. Everyone gets to enjoy a healthy, tasty cooked lunch.
Citycare are looking for volunteers to support these sessions from June to October. As a volunteer you’d be welcoming the families to the sessions, acting as a friendly point of contact. You’d also be assisting the community food worker to run the cooking sessions, and also to support the children during the activity and play sessions.
CityCare would like volunteers for a minimum of half a day per week of the programme, but you are welcome to volunteer as often as you like.
The lunch clubs will take place in various locations across Nottingham city - Bulwell, St Ann’s, Clifton, Broxtowe, Bestwood.
- Register your interest using the button below.
- Emma from the Student Volunteer Centre will give you the e-mail address of Jemma from CityCare, who will organise an informal chat.
- You'll be asked to sign up for shifts online
- You'll arrive at the location of the lunch club half an hour before it starts, where you'll be briefed on the running order of the day.
- Reasonable travel expenses can be reimbursed (bus, tram etc)