William Booth Primary is an inner city primary school with children aged from 3-11 years old. Government deprivation indicators identify the school as being one of the most deprived schools in the city. We have a diverse range of students with 28 different languages spoken at our school and nearly half of the children have English as an additional language.
The children at William Booth are fun, well behaved and love to learn. They love books and reading and would love for someone to come and spend time enjoying books with them to help them make progress in their learning.
We are looking for volunteers to come and read with children or listen to children read. A class will be assigned to the volunteers where they will spend their time each week. In the assigned class the teacher will share what they would like the volunteer to do and who they are to read with.
A desire to work with children and a love of books is all that is required! As many volunteers as possible are welcome!
The opportunity is extremely flexible with a minimum 2 hour commitment per week over a six week period. Volunteers are welcome any day, in the morning or afternoon, whichever fits in with study hours. Volunteers can start at any point in the academic year and can commit to a set amount of weeks suitable to them and their course.
- Click on the below button for more information & fill in the details.
- The Student Volunteer Centre will send you the contact details for the school.
- The School will be in contact through telephone or email communication.
- During the induction process, volunteers will need to bring photo ID so that we can apply for DBS checks.
- Volunteers can begin as soon as DBS application is complete.
There is ongoing support available from your class teacher and The Deputy Head can support volunteers as needed.