Mapperley Plains Primary School is a successful, caring and popular school where we are committed to helping each of our pupils to achieve their best. It is a larger than average primary school on the outskirts of Nottingham city. The school grounds offer modern, purpose-built, spacious accommodation, supported by an extensive and attractive outdoor environment. Pupils truly enjoy coming to school and there is a sense of enjoyment matched with high expectations. There are many activities to get involved with and they have strong links with local secondary schools.
About your role
Volunteers can help out in our classrooms, lunch times or after school clubs, we will work around your university timetable. We are just really grateful that you would like to come and help our wonderful children:
You can choose to:
- -read individually with children
- -Lunchtime play assisants - come and support with their games during lunchtime for one hour a week
- -help the teacher in the classroom and learn more about teaching and learning (if you want to)
- -read a book to a child/group of children and create that love of books
If you have a particular skill or idea for more opportunities, please get in touch. We are very flexible and can tailor your volunteering experience.
Minimum commitment : As long as you can provide regular support, whether this be a day a week or 1 hour a week. We would like to hear from you.
A minimum commitment of 6 weeks.
Emphasis must be put on the regular commitment of this project. It is vital that volunteers are upfront with their availability so that planning can be made with teachers and activities throughout the year.
How to find us
- Click on the below button for more information & fill in the details.
- The Student Volunteer Centre will send you the contact details for the school.
- You will then be asked to come in for an informal meeting, you will have a tour around the school and an induction and will help you find a role suitable for you within the school.
There is ongoing support from the teachers and with the Head Teacher.