Edna G. Olds. Academy
At Edna G Olds Academy we want to inspire our pupils to excel in every aspect of their lives. Our children are encouraged to think creatively, question their ideas and embed a philosophy of high standards in order to achieve their goals. We have a range of opportunities to exploit our pupil voice, these include: Edna LEADer, (pupil newspaper), pupil voice, "New Lenton" group, food critic group, (school dinners).
When you visit Edna G Olds Academy you will witness enthusiastic pupils who want to actively demonstrate key learning principles and share their learning and individual targets with you. Visitors are always impressed by our pupils’ consistently excellent standards of behaviour.
We are passionately committed towards providing an educational environment that thrives on fostering, high personal, social and moral values, alongside a curriculum which promotes highest aspirations for learning.
Volunteers can help out with our Eco Club one afternoon per week:
To support with growing vegetables to be used in the school kitchen
To educate the children on how to be more eco-friendly through the development of activities
To support the children to understand how to care for their environment
Offer support to develop the following in school weekly or fortnightly:
To offer science based workshops which inspire and motivate the children-STEM investigation
To support the children to develop their photography skills
To run a lunchtime or after school art club
To run a lunchtime or after school modern foreign languages club
Minimum commitment : 1 afternoon per fortnight (based on attending for an academic year)
Commitment us key as Edna G Olds want to work with the student community to build strong links and offer valuable work experience.
- Click on the below button for more information & fill in the details.
- Ella will send you the contact details for the school.
- You will then be asked to come in for an informal meeting, you will have a tour around the school and an induction and will help you find a role suitable for you within the school.
- -You need to have a passion for raising aspirations among all children
- -A desire to share learning and work with staff to give children the opportunity to have new and exciting experiences
- -Be committed to the school