Edna G. Olds. Academy - Lenton
At Edna G Olds Academy is based right in Lenton and works to inspire their pupils to excel in every aspect of their lives. Their children are encouraged to think creatively, question their ideas and embed a philosophy of high standards in order to achieve their goals. THey have a range of opportunities to exploit our pupil voice, these include: Edna LEADer, (pupil newspaper), pupil voice, "New Lenton" group, food critic group, (school dinners).
When you visit Edna G Olds Academy you will witness enthusiastic pupils who want to actively demonstrate key learning principles and share their learning and individual targets with you. Visitors are always impressed by our pupils’ consistently excellent standards of behaviour.
They are passionately committed towards providing an educational environment that thrives on fostering, high personal, social and moral values, alongside a curriculum which promotes highest aspirations for learning.
There are a wide range of activities you can get involved in at Edna G Olds!
Volunteers can help out with our Eco Club one afternoon per week during term time:
Support the students with growing vegetables that will be used in the school kitchen, help educate the children on how to be more eco-friendly through the development of activities and support the children to understand how to care for their environment.
Other opportunities include supporting the following activities during Term time:
-Science based workshops which inspire and motivate the children-STEM investigation
--lunchtime or after school art club
-lunchtime or after school modern foreign languages club
-music based programs
Minimum commitment : 1 afternoon per fortnight during a whole academic year
Edna G Olds wants to work with the UoN student community to build strong links and offer valuable work experience.
- Click on the below button for more information & fill in the details.
- You will then be asked to come in for an informal meeting, you will have a tour around the school and an induction and will help you find a role suitable for you within the school.
- -You need to have a passion for raising aspirations among all children
- -A desire to share learning and work with staff to give children the opportunity to have new and exciting experiences
- -Be committed to the school