What to expect from your SU in September
As we come to the end of phase 3 of the Portland Building redevelopment it’s important we take a moment to reflect on the works completed so far and what is still to come over the summer of 2017, so you know what to expect when you arrive in September, either as a new student or returning.
All work has been completed as part of the #UnionRefresh project, to build a Union shaped by you.
#UnionRefresh is the changes in the Portland building.
#UnionRefresh covers changes in your Union spaces and facilities at Jubilee and Sutton Bonington.
#UnionRefresh will include looking forward at everything the Union is and does and agreeing the next 5-year plan shaped by your feedback.
What’s happened so far?
- Your SU got a new look and a new style
- New look SU Spar Shop at Jubilee campus and Portland building
- Mooch Terrace got much bigger and much better
- The Peace Garden, The Studio and the gardens and games spaces by New Theatre
- Mealcards working in Mooch and Portland SU Spar Shop
- Launch of ChangeIt where you can submit ideas for change and vote on the ideas of others
What’s happening over the summer?
- Jubilee’s SU SPAR Shop will be getting a new look, and Daily Bites mealcards will finally be introduced at the shop.
- The Chapel on Portland building A floor will be refurbished and a new student group meeting space will be available.
- New retail zone on B Floor with a new SU Clothing Store, Student Café, and Blackwells, the Hairdresser and Unitemps in new locations.
- A new sky bridge from D floor by the Careers and Employability centre to the E Floor Food Court, so no more climbing the mountain of stairs at the front of Portland.
Your SU Activities Officer, Becky previewed the changes in her blog which you can find here.
What happens next?
You’ll have to check back soon when we’ll have all the news about stage four of the Portland redevelopment!