What is the History Society and why should you join?
The History Society is one of the largest subject societies, we offer a range of social and sport activities, as well as various projects for charity and a scheme enabling students to teach in local secondary schools.
This academic year, 2018/19, we have been kindly sponsored by Nottingham Bespoke Events
One of the aims of the society is to enhance your employability whilst at university, as well as afterwards. The society is highly successful and enables you to ensure you experience both life in the university and the city to its greatest capacity. Your course mates are some of the best friends you will make at university. So what better way to spend time and socialise with them than on a History Society social event?
- Infamous Fresher's Bar Crawl
- Boat Cruises with Open Bar along the River Trent
- Annual Summer Ball at a spectacular venue (last year's was 'Once Upon A Time' themed)
- Trips Abroad - this year we're going to BERLIN
- Puppy Stress Relief Sessions
...and many more!
For more information about our socials click here
History have representation in both the Football and Netball IMS leagues.
- Football: Wednesday and Saturday, get in contact with Kendall Hill if you want to get involved
- Netball: Wednesday, to get regular updates join the UoN Netball 2018-19 Facebook group
Teams have their own kit when they participate in IMS league against other societies and hall teams. It's a great alternative to the university teams and keeps you fit and sociable. Occasional practices will also be held and beginners are welcome.
To find out more about our sports teams click here
Volunteering in Schools Project
The History Society also runs a successful Volunteering in Schools Project in local schools.
To find out more click here or speak to our Welfare Sec, Ciara Bridget Amas.
Check out our Facebook group for latest news and updates:
Or email our society account - email@example.com
By joining the society members will obtain discounted prices (of around £4-5) for the events hosted by History Society and the opportunity to play in our sports teams!