The Bar Society is a student-run group formed to help those aspiring to (or considering) a career at the Bar. We have a full calendar of events taking place throughout the academic year, which the Bar Council of England and Wales has previously referred to as the best they had seen from any university.
Our events are designed to help members develop contacts, awareness and knowledge of the legal profession. Typical opportunities include:
- Dinners and receptions at the Inns of Court;
- Trips to the UK Supreme Court and the Royal Courts of Justice;
- Talks in Nottingham by leading practitioners;
- Mock Trials and Advocacy Competitions;
- Careers sessions including mini-pupillage application workshops;
- Trips throughout the country to leading barristers' chambers.
Ultimately, we aim to ensure that our members stand the best possible chance of success in what is an extremely rewarding (but very competitive) profession.
We look forward to welcoming you to future events!