This is a fantastic opportunity to support, inspire and encourage local young people to enjoy 2019’s ‘Space Chase' Summer Reading Challenge in libraries across Nottingham. Using your enthusiasm, you will help participants achieve rewards for reading 6 books over the summer and encourage them to share their thoughts on the stories with you. There will also be crafts, theatre, music and games to get involved in. You will also have the chance to support library staff with the delivery of Challenge related activities. The Challenge takes place in all of the Nottingham City Libraries from late July to early September so you can choose which location suits you best!
You can get involved with:
- Helping staff to register children for the Challenge
- Promoting the Challenge to families within the library
- Gathering feedback on books read and giving out rewards
- Supporting children to choose suitable books and listening to them read
- Assisting children with occasional craft activities and events, including help with setting up the library beforehand and/or clearing away afterwards
- Assisting at the end of Challenge ceremony, organising certificates/medals, refreshments etc.
- Commitment to at least 8 hours during August 2019
- Clearance of an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- 2 satisfactory references
- Ideally able to attend a Summer Reading Challenge recruitment / training event at Nottingham Central Library on 26th June.