Phase three of the Portland Redevelopment is a big project, and to make sure it is delivered on time for September 2017, the works will be taking place before the summer vacation period. To find out more about the exciting changes ahead for this latest phase, head here.
The building work is planned to take place from the 2nd May, and so this blog should give you information about moves and closures to certain entrances.
There will be no access or exit to Portland from the following places during the works:
- From the Trent tunnel
- The Atrium
- No disabled access at the Lakeside main entrance
- Entrance on the Trent building side of Portland (West side)
Instead the access points to the building will be:
- From lakeside- the doors between Mooch and the Studio (East side of the building)
- Entrance from Portland Hill road (near the baguette bar on the north side of the building)
- Portland hill side (revolving doors)
There will further be some changes to the way you can move about in Portland:
- To get to D & E floor (north-side with the classrooms) – use the stairwell and lift outside Spar/ Blackwells
- To access D & E floor (the food court side) – use the stairwell and lift at Mooch/ Studio entrance
The following services are also relocating from the 2nd May:
- Karnival have moved to C512
- Students' Union Advice are in their new home on C Floor, along from the Hub
- Job Zone will be moving to opposite Societies and Sports on the B Floor corridor
- Accommodation have moved to opposite the main SU reception
We’ll make sure to update with any further changes as soon as possible, but for now, if you have any more questions or comments please contact Becky Player, Activities Officer (email@example.com) or Ismail Sadurdeen, President, firstname.lastname@example.org).