We all want to keep our belongings safe. That’s why it’s really important to make sure your home is secure.
Burglars only need a few seconds to break into your home, so don’t make it easy for them:
- Keep your doors and windows locked
- Leave your lights on if you go out in the evening
- Close your curtains at night
- Keep your valuables and keys out of sight
- Use a D-lock to secure your bike – even if it’s in a shed
Your SU Community Officer, Jacob, will be working with the Police to help prevent crime through their Beat the burglar campaign. They’ll be making their way around Lenton from Monday 3 February to give you top tips and advice for keeping your home secure.
Outsmart the opportunists and keep your stuff safe, whether you’re at home, out for the evening or on holiday.