Students' Union Elections and Referenda
The Students' Union runs elections and referenda throughout the academic year.
Notice of Education Rep Co-option
We are currently recruiting for the following Education Rep positions:
- Department of Classics and Archaeology (Classics)
- Department of Classics and Archaeology (Archaeology)
- Department of Music
- Department of American and Canadian Studies
- Department of Modern Foreign Languages (Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies)
- Department of Modern Foreign Languages (Russian and Slavonic Studies)
- School of Politics and International Relations
- School of Life Sciences (Biology)
- Division of Medical Sciences
- School of Veterinary Medicine and Science (Pre-Clinical)
- Division of Nursing (Derby)
- Division of Physiotherapy & Sports Rehabilitation
- School of Psychology
If you are interested, please email email@example.com with a few sentences about why you would be good for the role. The deadline is 5pm on Thursday 31st May.
Please note, we are co-opting for these positions, and there will be no further elections. You can read about the co-option process in the SU Bye-Laws.
How does the voting system work?
We use a voting system called Single Transferable Vote (STV) and Alternative Vote (AV), and you can see the reasons why in the current Students' Union Bye-laws (see ‘Elections’ by-law II).
Unsure how this voting system works?
Watch this video to find out!
If you have any questions about voting or the above elections, please email the Elections Team.
For society, club or network elections, please see their own individual web pages.