Welcome to Mind Matters!
We are the society for all medics interested in psychiatry. Whether or not you are seriously considering a career in this diverse and rewarding specialty, we hope to offer:
- Talks from engaging external speakers (including popular sessions for all sub-specialties, from forensic to liaison)
- Our new mentoring scheme, PsychStart, pairing interested students with a local consultant psychiatrist.
- OSCE practice & revision sessions for the 4th year psychiatry module
- Group trips to relevant regional and national conferences run by esteemed bodies such as the RCPsych and the RSM
- Awareness of essay competitions, elective bursaries and research funds available to medical students
- Strong links to the Welfare & Support network, to foster a comprehensive mental health support network within the medical school
If you have any questions, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/609675839132794/