Date: Wednesday 03 June 2020
Time: 9am - 4:30pm
Location: Jubilee Campus Xu Yafen building
Physiological Breech Study Day
This RCM-approved study day will provide an engaging and interactive update on professional skills to facilitate physiological breech births, planned or unexpected, and how to teach these skills to others.
This RCM-approved study day will provide an engaging and interactive update on professional skills to facilitate physiological breech births, planned or unexpected, and how to teach these skills to others. The focus is on collaborative, multi-professional working to improve the safety of vaginal breech birth using the skills of all maternity care professionals.
Training will include:
* A research update
* Thorough theoretical and hands-on explanations of how breech babies journey through the maternal pelvis in a completely spontaneous birth (the breech mechanisms), enabling you to distinguish between normal progress and dystocia
* Hands-on simulation of complicated breech births and resolutions, using narratives and videos of real breech complications, to enable you to practice problem-solving in real-time
* Models of breech care that work within modern maternity services
* Access to video resources following the training
* Resource booklet containing presentations and the Physiological Breech Algorithm
Schedule for the day:
9.00 Sign-in & Registration
9.30 How do we develop breech expertise from the ground up?
10.30 ‘Normal for breech’: Understanding the mechanisms is the key to safety
11.30 Morning Break
12.00 Evidence and guideline update
12.30 Recognising and assisting complications (Part 1)
2.30 Recognising and assisting complications (Part 2)
4.30 Questions, Feedback & Finish